||[May. 8th, 2005|11:55 am]
Your slice of Eden
Xposted all over the place, apologies.
Has any one grown any Datura (Angel's Trumpet, Jimson Weed, Brugmansia) in the southern UK or similar climate? I'd like to know:
- Will I have to drag it inside in the winter?
- Will it be warm enough for it to bloom?
- Will it bloom in the first year?
- Will the slugs devour it?
- If so, will I have high mystical slugs? And therefore will the neighbour's cat, having eaten them, attain enlightenment? Put another way, I have no children or pets, if I don't smoke it, eat it, grind it or otherwise tamper with it, is it as safe as, say, a foxglove?
Whereas I am aware of its uses, I am not growing it to use it for anything other than a decorative plant. It is legal and uncontrolled in Britain.
( An image of datura: Collapse )</P